If you haven’t yet had a chance to play with Sephora’s new Tokidoki line, you need to get yourself in there and play. It is super cute, colorful, and very young. While all the colors may not be for me, it’s fun to pair them up, play with them, and experiment far outside the normal makeup box.
The line combines the imaginative playfulness of the tokidoki universe with the highest quality, color-rich formulations. Pop pigment shades for eyes, lips and face come together alongside professional tools and accessories, all inspired by Simone’s cast of characters, like the milk stealing Moofia and the sweet and prickly SANDy. Don’t let the cuteness of these characters fool you; this color collection impresses the most experienced makeup aficionados. With immaculate attention to detail such as artist approved chisel tip applicators, indigenous Japanese and Italian ingredients and professionally milled powder formulations, every aspect of the line brings together art, color and performance for an unforgettable experience.
Simone Legno’s passion for Japanese culture and his eclectic background are the driving forces behind the whimsical universe of tokidoki. Growing up in 1980’s Italy, Simone first discovered the art and subculture of Japan’s youth in the Japanimation cartoons and comics that bombarded the pop culture scene. With the concurrent punk scene he juxtaposed these diverse influences, to design a world where innovative characters, subversive designs and outrageous storytelling co-exist.
Escape into a world of criminally cute beauty:
- Cromatico Eyeshadow Singles ($15) – The innovative, highly pigmented Italian – and Japanese – derived formulation provides a luxurious texture that glides on and layers beautifully for a velvety finish. Available in 16 shades and multiple textures.
- Cromatico Eyeshadow Palette ($25) – Create stunning color looks with four complementary shadows housed in character-themed palettes, each with its own collectible charm. Available in three color collections: Adios (smoky gray), Bastardino (smoky brown/nude), and Diamante (purple/plum).
- Perfetto Eyeliner ($16) – This artist-inspired, chisel tip liquid pen liner provides ultimate control and precision definition. The high pigment, waterproof formula can be used for artistic expression anywhere on the body. Available in 8 shades.
- Brillante Glitter Eyeliner ($14) – Eyes pop with sophisticated shimmer from these colorful pencil liners formulated with tiny, light reflecting glitter particles. Available in 14 shades.
- Punk Lash Mascara ($18) – Electrify your lashes with bold, long-wearing color while Kudzu extract and vitamin B condition and protect for full, healthy lashes. Available in 4 shades- black, purple, green and blue.
- Prisma Gloss ($15) – Add sexy shine to lips with this non-sticky moisturizing formula featuring Japanese indigenous kudzu extract. Available in 16 shades.
- Fantastico Lip Stain ($15) – This long-lasting lip stain is formulated with hydrating panthenol and a fruity mango flavor for all-day wear. Available in 5 shades.
For Face and Body:
- Inferno Bronzer ($22) – Rice lipids give this bronzer a healthy, hydrating, warm glow finish. Available in 2 shades, Diavolina (medium tan) and Royal Pride (light medium).
- Kabuki Luminosa Powder ($22) – Achieve a luminescent radiant glow with this highlighting powder.
- Kabuki Brush ($28) – A uniquely designed brush with synthetic fibers to use with Inferno Bronzer or Luminosa Powder for a professional finish.
- Galleria Nail Files ($10) – Sculpt nails with files inspired by skateboard decks featuring iconic tokidoki characters. Available in 6 styles, 3 files to a deck.
- SANDy Nail File & Cactus Pup Buffers ($5-8) – SANDy will shape your nails, the Pups will buff, all so cute with such a pretty payoff. Easily attached to any keychain for instant access.
- Skull Burger, Devil Girl & Melodia ($16) – Tokidoki iconic character charm key chains.
- Mints ($5) – Refresh breath with these sugar-free mints available in Moofia and Cactus Friends collectible tins.
- Bellissima Makeup Bags ($20-42) – Pencil case, hanging travel bag and rectangle clutch styles featuring an exclusive tokidoki illustration are the chic way to carry your makeup.
- tokidoki tank top ($29.50) – Women’s fitted tank top style featuring a design created exclusively for Sephora. Available in S/M, M/L.
© 2010, Retrodivas Beauty. All rights reserved. Post originally appeared at Retrodiva’s Beauty, unauthorized use prohibited.