Summer can be rough. Oh, sure, it’s nice to lounge on the beach, at the pool, and all those backyard barbeques. But it can be rough on your skin and hair. Plus, all that skin that shows when we’re wearing our summer best requires a good deal of our attention. Here are our eight summer must-haves to get you through this cruel summer.
- Buffy Body Butter by LUSH. This amazing bar contains ground rice, almonds and aduki beans as exfoliating agents and shea and cocoa butters to soften and moisturize skin, essentially combining two steps into one. Keep this one in rotation all year long for healthy, smooth skin.
- Sublime Bronze One Day Tinted Gel. This is a quick fix for when you’ve had an unexpected invitation to go out come up, and you want to wear that short dress you bought last week and have been dying to wear and you have TOTALLY forgotten to self-tan, and now your legs could scare a ghost off. Created with natural caramel color and pearls, this no-commitment gel lasts until your next shower.
- Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. While this is a fantastic pre-shampoo hair treatment that can be used any time, I love to slather my hair in it, twist it up into a bun, and head to the beach. Moisturizing while enjoying the waves! Head home, take a shower, and you have soft shiny hair.
- Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock. I live and swear by sunscreen. Not only do I have fair-skinned people living in my household who truly must have it before going anywhere there is sun, I do not plan on aging gracefully – I plan to fight it every step of the way. My weapon of mass destruction is sunscreen. This is a quick and easy way to get the sunblock you need. Plus, it has an interesting cooling sensation when you use it, which encourages you to reapply often.
- Clarins Liquid Bronze for Face. Because I use sunscreen on my face every single day, it can be a bit out of step when it comes to keeping up with my self-tanning regimen. Clarins Liquid Bronze is a non-greasy way to keep color on my face and it doesn’t contribute to breakouts on my pimple-prone skin. While the bottle may cost a bit more than what you find in the drugstore, it will last you forever. I’ve had mine almost two years.
- Parissa Wax Strips. Summertime, and the living is easy. And I don’t always find the time to head to the waxer to get my eyebrows in line. Luckily these strips are super easy to use and can even be used on the bikini line if you need a quick touchup before heading to the beach in that new two-piece. Each box contains everything you need for a quick hair-free experience.
- Colorvive UV Spray. If you have colored hair like I do, then you need to protect it from fading in the sun, a common problem. Spray in while hair is damp and you will get all the UV protection you need as well as a slight touch of control. Also can be used on dry hair, especially if you are heading out into the sun.
- Fake Bake Tan Enhancing Lotion with Shimmer. This doesn’t have any self-tan in it, it just combines skin nutrition and a shimmer lotion to optimize the look of your skin. I love a light shimmery skin look when I am heading out for the evening in a strappy dress. Notice we are discussing shimmer and not glitter. Those of us of a certain age shouldn’t look like Ke$ha after a long night of hitting her bottle of Jack.
© 2010, Retrodivas Beauty. All rights reserved. Post originally appeared at Retrodiva’s Beauty, unauthorized use prohibited.