One of the most-asked questions I think most beauty bloggers get (or maybe it’s just me!) is how to do a smokey eye. The truth of the matter is that it looks dramatic and overwhelming, but it’s really not. There is a simple technique to doing it well, and I’ve rounded up some of the best tutorials on the web that you hopefully haven’t seen to help you achieve the look you’re going for.
Remember, there are many different ways to execute the smoky eye – you don’t have to go for full on black and gray smoke. Any color will work, as long as you have about three shades of that color. This goes for neutrals as well.
- NARS Smokey Eye Tutorial by Accidental Beauty. A very sophisticated look using NARS products.
- Smoky Eye Tutorial by Cupcakes and Cashmere: A bare-bones yet simple way to get the look.
- Smokey Eye Tutorial by Mishka. Aussie makeup artist Mishka presents a gorgeous look that isn’t hard to re-create.
- Dramatic Purple Smokey Eyes by MissChievous. Lovely take on the smokey eye with purple.
- Black Smokey Eye Tutorial from Temptalia. This is a classic, black eye with lots of smoke.
- Get the Perfect Smokey Eye by Sephora. Everyone’s favorite store has a short video with excellent tips.
- One Eyeshadow Smokey Eye by ChanelBlueSatin. It can be done!
- Daytime Smokey Eye Tutorial by Beauty Gala. A toned down look that is appropriate for the office.
© 2010, Retrodivas Beauty. All rights reserved. Post originally appeared at Retrodiva’s Beauty, unauthorized use prohibited.