Sephora and The Skin Cancer Foundation are proud to unveil the fourth edition of the Sun Safety Kit. The protection collection features the best-of-the-best in sun protection where 100% of the net profits will benefit The Skin Cancer Foundation. Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer found in the United States and is also one of the most preventable. Help others become aware of this growing problem while defending yourself against the sun’s harmful rays.
“With most clients telling us they want products to achieve younger, healthier-looking skin, it’s important for them to know that up to 90 percent of the visible changes commonly attributed to aging are caused by the sun,” says Karen Kenney, Sephora’s VP of Education and Dean of Sephora U. “Sun exposure also causes the majority of non-melanoma skin cancers. Sephora’s Sun Safety Kit boasts advanced protective products – all SPF 15 or greater –making protection convenient.”
”Sephora is an important partner for us in raising awareness about skin cancer and we’re thrilled to continue into our fourth year,” said Perry Robins, MD, President, The Skin Cancer Foundation. “Every aspect of the Sun Safety Kit reinforces Sephora’s commitment to keeping skin healthy and educating their clients about the importance of sun protection throughout their lives.”
This year’s selection includes past favorites, as well as new additions for your sun protection arsenal. Complete with a travel and beach-friendly hot pink clutch, this compilation is a beauty essential for summer travels to ensure your safety.
Sephora’s 2010 Sun Safety Kit includes:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF15 & Dermaxyl™ (0.25 oz) – This anti-aging primer contains SPF15 to guard against UVA/UVB rays while prepping skin for perfect foundation application.
- DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew™ UV Moisturizer SPF 15 (0.23 oz) – This fragrance-free lotion absorbs quickly and replenishes moisture while providing full UVA/UVB protection.
- Kate Somerville Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen (0.16 oz) – A breakthrough serum-based sunscreen that offers broad spectrum SPF 55 protection without a chalky white residue.
- Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15 (0.14 oz) – A patented formulation designed to correct, protect and hydrate with powerful Vitamin C and UVA/UVB protection.
- Bliss Best of Skintentions Daily Moisturizer (0.34 oz) – A weightless daily moisturizer that has it all: UVA/UVB protection, vitamins, minerals and omegas. It defends against free radical damage, and contains illumination phytonutrients to even skin tone.
- PeterThomasRoth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion with SPF 30 (0.25 oz) – This ultra-light lotion offers maximum hydration and utilizes Parsol® 1789 for protection from UVA rays.
- Ole Henriksen Herbal Day Crème SPF 15 (0.25 oz) – Ideal for sensitive skin, this day crème shields skin with SPF 15 while harnessing the power of herbal ingredients to soothe, hydrate and repair.
- Cover FX BritePrep FX Brightening Foundation Primer & Photo Aging Defense SPF 50 (0.16 oz) – This “anti-UV” makeup primer creates the ideal surface for makeup while fighting the effects of the sun both before and after exposure with SPF 50 and skin illuminators.
- Bare Escentuals Summer Bisque SPF 20 (0.02 oz) – A touch of color and skin protecting SPF 20 help this multi-tasking face product conceal and enhance skin while protecting from the sun’s rays.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion N SPF 60 PA+++ (0.23 oz) – This highly nourishing, anti-aging sunscreen defends against UVA/UVB rays with one of the highest levels of SPF available.
- Jack Black Lip Balm Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 with Lemon and Chamomile (0.10 oz) – Lips are even more vulnerable to the sun than the face and body so keep this hydrating balm handy to keep them looking and feeling luscious.
- Clarins Delectable Self Tanning Mousse SPF 15 (0.27 oz) – This light, creamy, non-tinted self tanning mousse is the only way to guarantee a safe sun-kissed look.
- UVSUNSENSE Bracelet – Never question if you’re protected again! This bracelet monitors the sun’s UVA/UVB rays and indicates when it’s time to reapply sunscreen or head for the shade.
Available exclusively at Sephora for $25.
© 2010, Retrodivas Beauty. All rights reserved. Post originally appeared at Retrodiva’s Beauty, unauthorized use prohibited.