Relaxed, romantic wedding hair calls for a fresh approach to your makeup. To keep your bridal glow going, follow these easy steps from Antonio Aponte, makeup artist and wedding beauty pro at Frank Antonio Hair & Makeup in Newport, RI.
- One month before the Big Day, focus on improving your healthy lifestyle habits. Practice safe sun with daily sunscreen applications, nourish skin from within by eating more fruits and vegetables and stay hydrated with plenty of water.
- If you are planning any waxing treatments or a facial, book your appointment no later than two weeks before your wedding. In case your skin reacts, this gives it a chance to calm down.
- For the look of flawless skin, Aponte’s go-to product for keeping shine under control is Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion which absorbs excess oil while it moisturizes. Simply smooth on the lotion before applying foundation. “It’s a must for brides planning outdoor ceremonies, especially during the hot summer months,” says Aponte.
- Don’t let tears of joy spoil your eye makeup. Waterproof mascara is essential, as you want a formula that stays put and resists smudging. Aponte’s fave: M.A.C. Splashproof Lash.
- If you book a makeup artist to do your makeup, bring your own lip color, one you’ve tested ahead of time to make sure it flatters your skin tone.
- To bring out your inner radiance, relax. “Your self-confidence is key to making you a beautiful bride,” says Aponte.
Bridal makeup image provided by Frank Barbosa.
© 2010, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.