Model, style icon, designer vand muse Daphne Guinness was the inspiration for this collection – and even has an eye color named after her! Nars saw her wearing the shade at the photo shoot and decided it was a perfect match, and named it Daphne:
When I saw her wearing the bright purple hue at the campaign shoot, I
immediately knew it should be named after her. The eyeshadow looked like it
was made for her—so mesmerizing and regal, like Daphne herself.
The collection has three single eyeshadows, two duo eyeshadows, a soft touch shadow pencil, a blush, a lipstick, and one lipgloss.
Single eyeshadows ($23) include:
- Daphne single eyeshadow: Style icon. Designer. Model. Heiress of haute couture. Named after Daphne Guinness, this hypnotizing, deep-violet eyeshadow exudes excitement. Use across lids up to the brow, blending outward.
- Mangrove single eyeshadow: The magnificence of this tropical tree, captured in the softest yellow laced with lime. Use to highlight the inner corner of the eye, as a bright lid base shade or to diffuse a deeper shade by sweeping into the bridge.
- Coconut Grove single eyeshadow: This magical neighborhood on Biscayne Bay has attracted artists for decades. Dense, dramatic and daring, this dark chocolate-cum-taupe confection increases depth on the lid and doubles as a lash liner.
Duo eyeshadows ($32) include:
- Tarzine duo eyeshadow: Love, sex and power. Russia’s empresses had it all. Inspired by royalty, the Eyeshadow Duo pairs the majesty of platinum gold infused with silver reflections with a bold, steel grey. Swipe and shadow along the upper lid or smudge along the lower. Positively regal.
- Rajasthan duo eyeshadow: Sacred temples and scorching deserts. India’s largest state fascinates and tantalizes. Like its namesake, this Eyeshadow Duo is an exotic palette, playing glazed almond against cool charcoal. Worn solo, blended or layered, the look signals drama.
Soft touch shadow pencil ($24):
- Palladium soft touch shadow pencil: Once the NYC hot-spot characterized by glamour, glitz and decadence. This sparkling turquoise Soft Touch Shadow Pencil delivers all the vibrancy of its namesake. Layer with other NARS eye products – or go it alone to line, accent or illuminate unforgettable eyes.
- Douceur blush: A soft pink-brown hue imparts a honeyed brown kiss of innocence on cheeks. Exclusive for Fall, the powder is laser etched with our logo. Use to contour the cheek or warm forehead, jaw line and nose.
- Rouge Basque lipstick: Inspired by the inside cover of a book from the famed French countryside, François Nars’ latest brick red lipstick is as deeply pigmented as the region’s history and as bold as the wine for which the area is known.
- Strawberry Fields lipgloss: Imagine mouthwatering strawberries, just picked. Then delight in the serious, yet sexy shine of this bright pink confection. Worn alone or over NARS lip products, the gloss’ Vitamin E enrichment seals in moisture.
I was able to play with the collection yesterday, and I swatched from the top: Palladium soft touch shadow pencil, Daphne single eye shadow, Mangrove single eye shadow, and Coconut Grove single eyeshadow with Tibet single eye shadow at the bottom.
I absolutely love Palladium, and I would have purchased it on the spot if it was in stock at the Sephora that I was at. I will say that Daphne had a weird consistency – it didn’t go on very evenly and seemed to settle into the pores on my inner arm and I’ve never seen that before. What you see in the photo was my third try. Just FYI – make sure you try it before you purchase. I didn’t have that problem with any of the other single shadows, and all were very pigmented, like you would expect from NARS.
© 2010, Retrodivas Beauty. All rights reserved. Post originally appeared at Retrodiva’s Beauty, unauthorized use prohibited.