If you haven’t had a chance to read Paula’s blog, Older Girl Beauty, you are missing out. Paula focuses on products that appeal to those of us who are out of our teenage years and maybe don’t want glitter, but we do want functional, beautiful products. She is also an extremely good friend, and I wouldn’t hesitate to loan her 20 bucks if she needed a cab in New York City.
- “Valley of the Dolls” movie ticket: As a reminder that I want to post about the influence VotD had on makeup and makeup afterwards
- Hair Clip – Sometimes the hair just needs to be pulled up and clipped back
- Scrunchie – Yep. Shut up.
- Sonia Kashuk Mineral Brush Up On Color in “Shimmering Rose 02″ (Discontinued): It’s a compact brush w/ blush color in one. Can’t beat the ease.
- Huge Lips Skinny Hips Lipgloss in “No Panty Lines” : Clear plumping gloss w/ a bit of shimmer for when you just want a touch of sheen & it tastes good, too.
- Clinque Blushwear Cream Stick in “Rosy Blush” : I love cream blushes and this one is so portable, I can swipe more on anytime I need to, or if I just want to freshen up after work to go out.
- Dr. Denese SPF Defense Day Lip Veil: Another clear gloss, but this one has SPF 20, which is needed in this stupid sun/heat siuation we are having out here right now. Plus, it tastes good.
- Bobby pins: To get those stragler fly-aways out of my eyes.
- Susan Posnick Mini Tweezers: Because you never know when you are going to see that one stray hair around your brows while you’re out in natural light & you just have to get it *now*. Their small size make them so handy to carry.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick in “Black Honey” : A classic. For when I want just a hint of color, without the opacity of lipstick.
- MAC Glaze Lipstick in “Total Wow” (Discontinued – was in the Magic, Mirth & Mischief Holiday ’09 collection): It’s a “brightened berry”. It gives me a pop of color, without being too bright and isn’t sparkly so I can wear it with just about anything.
- Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner in “Lucky Penny” : I just adore Mally’s eyeliners. They are silky to put on and stay on until I take’em off. “Lucky Penny” is a broze color that can be put on lightly for just a touch of light or put on deeper for a darker, more dramatic look. I keep it handy in case I need to switch to an evening look after work, or just want to bump up whatever I did that morning.
- Three Custom Color Gloss in “Just Bitten” : This pinky brown gloss looks is such a good neutral color. Goes on fairly sheer, but enough of a color that it boosts your own natural lip color. (*I have also put some of the Clinique blush stick on my lips & used this gloss as a topper for a more dramatic neutral look).
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss in “Tempting Tearose”: A non-sparkly “cool nude rose” gloss, with the opacity almost of lipstick but with more shine. Have it in here becasue I have been trying it, but really liking the results. May be a keeper.
- Two Faced Mirror Shine Lip Gloss in *actually, I have no clue: I was given this tube recently & don’t know much about it. It just hasn’t made its way *out* of my bag. Sure looks a lot like the “Tempting Tearose”, tho.
- *not shown* Mario Badescu Lip Wax SPF 15: I normally have this with me all the time, but I had a friend in need & sacrificed it for the greater good. This soft wax can cure my chapped lips so quickly & keep them moisturized, with out the gross buildup in the corners of my mouth, so I always have some around. Only not now.
© 2010, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.