Aveda lead stylist Antoinette Beenders created graceful waves using Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair, Aveda Air Control Hair Spray, and Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray at the Christian Siriano Fall/Winter 2011 Fashion Week show.
“The Christian Siriano hair for this season is sinuous and matte—beautiful waves that are neither too beachy nor too glam. It’s pretty in the simplest way.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
- Apply Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair to damp hair to repair and protect from heat styling. Blow dry straight with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Use a fine-tooth comb to create a center part, dividing the hair into two sides. Loosely braid each side and secure at the ends with elastics. Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for light hold.
- Starting at the top of each braid, apply a few seconds of gentle pressure with a flat iron. Section by section, move slowly down so that the entirety of each braid has been pressed.
- Gently pinch the sides of each braid between the thumb and forefinger and tug gently to loosen.
- Remove the elastics and use fingers to loosen the curl. To create a soft wave, brush lightly with a Mason Pearson brush and set the look with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.