“The hair at Sophie Théallet this season looks chic and beautiful. A glossy ponytail cascades down the back and is topped with a black beret. A black silk ribbon tied around the neck and over the ponytail imparts a restrained edge, reflective of Sophie’s bad-girl muse.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
- Apply Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair to damp hair to repair and protect from heat styling. Blow dry straight with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Create a center part using a fine-tooth comb and flat-iron from roots to ends to give hair a straight, super-sleek look.
- Create a low, loose “ponytail” below just the nape of the neck. Instead of securing with an elastic, wrap a black silk ribbon around the neck, tying in a double-knot over the hair at the back of the neck. Spray Aveda Control Force firm hold hair spray to keep hair in place.
- Place a beret on the head, just covering the hairline above the forehead.
- Complete with a generous mist of Aveda Brilliant Spray On Shine for a glossy finish.
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.