Change up your picture-perfect look and let your inner vixen out for the night with sexy, effortless hair.
- Starting with dry hair, work in Faux Dry – Dry Shampoo at the crown to remove any oil and to add texture.
- Use a 1½-inch curling iron to create curls. Don’t use the clamp, rather wrap hair around the full barrel.
- Evenly apply Blow Up Thickening Mist all over. Flip hair over and rake your fingers through the curls to break them up.
- Spritz Beach Blow Texturzing Mist into the palms of your hands and scrunch into hair for a tousled look.
Sleek and Straight
If you always wear your hair naturally curly then surprise him with a chic, modern look.
- Work in a nickel-sized dollop of Straight to the Point Straightening Emulsion and a dime-sized drop of Weather Girl Climate Neutralizing Complex into damp hair before blow drying.
- Using duck bill clips divide hair into 4-6 sections.
- Blow dry each section using a paddle brush. The more tension you use, the straighter your hair will be.
- Simultaneously run a fine-toothed comb and flat iron through hair for a smooth, straight finish.
Fun and Sweet Up-Do
Keep the night laid back with a playful up-do.
- Section off a triangular area of hair at the crown. Using a fine-toothed comb gently tease hair at the back of this section. Draw the front section of hair over the “cushion” you created and gently secure with two small bobby pins by creating an “X” on the top mid/back part of your head. Be careful you don’t flatten the volume you created.
- Use a 1½-inch curling iron to curl the rest of the hair.
- Gather hair into a loose bun at the nape of the neck and finish with
Blow Up Thickening Mist for touchable hold.
- Running late? Skip Step 2 and work in Beach Blow Texturzing Mist to accentuate your hair’s natural texture before creating the bun.
Glamorous Blow Out
Not sure what your plans are? A gorgeous blow out will complete any look.
- Apply Ready Set Blow Express Blow Dry Lotion to clean, towel-dried hair. Section hair into 5 sections using duck bill clips.
- Dry each section with a large round boar bristle brush. On the final pass for each section switch the hair dryer to the cool setting to set and minimize frizz and fly-aways.
- Roll each section back up and secure with clips. Apply Blow Up Thickening Mist to keep the look voluminous all day long.
- Remove pins and tilt head forward and rake fingers through hair to loosen up the sections.
- Flip hair back and work in a dime-sized amount of Weather Girl Climate Neutralizing Complex for a smooth finish.
- Rushing home from work? Fake a fabulous blow out by focusing on the top section of hair. Make sure it is fully dry with ample volume and your look will be drop dead gorgeous.
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.