Do you ever wonder what the pros just can’t live without when it comes to makeup? I’m always convinced they have these super-secret items that I don’t even know about and that can only be found in the jungles of the Amazon rain forest or something.
I know, that’s just silly. But still.
I’ve met James Vincent, and he’s adorable. Not only is he an extremely talented makeup artist, he also is the Director of Artistry for The Makeup Show, The Powder Group, and On Makeup Magazine. He has worked on celebs such as Lady Gaga, Liv Tyler, and Joan Jett. If he’s worked on Joan Jett, you know he is badass.
So, here are the makeup items that James just can’t do without:
- Embryolisse, Lait-Crème Concentre – “The makeup artist must have and cult favorite is perfect for any skin tone and skin type and keeps the skin looking refreshed and revived.”
- MAKE UP FOR EVER, HD Elixir – “My secret weapon for HD or everyday photo. It prepares the skin for foundation and makes makeup last all day while feeling like there is nothing there. If I could let my clients bathe in it I would.”
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighter – “A must have for every woman and every artist. This product is one of my favorite tricks for bringing light to the under eye and lifting and opening up every eye.”
- Kevyn Aucoin, The Sensual Skin Enhancer Foundation – “A little goes a long way with this foundation that can give light to full coverage and always look like skin.”
- Stila Cosmetics, Convertible Color – “Perfect for a natural flush or a fashion forward blush, I love this on the apple of the cheek or the cheekbone. My trick is to use some before foundation to give the illusion that the blush is glowing from beneath the skin.”
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.