Do you wear makeup to the beach? I have to admit, normally I don’t, especially if I’m just walking across the street to our local bayfront. But I can think of a number of times that a bit of makeup would be welcome – a beach party, a wedding, an outing with friends and tropical beverages. Mally Roncal, a celebrated makeup artist and creator of her own line has a few ideas for you.
A notorious glamorista, Mally says “Of course I wear makeup to the beach! And don’t think just because you’re sun-kissed you don’t need to wear makeup. The key is to look polished but not overdone. ”
An easy beach or poolside look Mally rocks:
- Slather on the SPF everywhere!
- Curl your lashes and coat with waterproof mascara to avoid runaway eye makeup
- Give definition to your face with a waterproof brow pencil and that goes double for lip gloss…try Mally Beauty Lipgloss in Be a Peach or Mally Beauty High Shine Liquid Lipstick in Summer Peach
- Don’t skip concealer or you’ll look tired. Mally Beauty Cancellation Concealer SPF 25 is the perfect summertime option
…And when the elements get the best of you:
- Diffuse a sunburn and bring your skin tone to more of a natural color with a dusting of powder foundation, then make sure to work with neutral colors so you don’t draw attention to the redness
- Even the most flawless makeup can’t hide red, irritated eyes – luckily VISINE® Summer Spectrum Relief™ is specifically formulated to soothe irritation and redness caused by chlorine, salt water, sun and wind so keep one in your beach bag at all times
After a day at the beach, have fun with a colorful summer look:
- Pink up your pout with fuchsia lipstick and make eyes pop with a bold blue, green or even yellow eyeliner
- If you go bright, go big…don’t mix bright hues like hot pink, electric blue or green with anything too dark and earthy
At the end of a long summer day:
- Before you wash your face, gently remove eye makeup (even stubborn waterproof mascara!) with Visine Total Eye Soothing Wipes. Store them in the fridge for an extra-cool, refreshing treat. These are also great on the go!
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.