Summertime and the living is easy. Except for when you’re scrambling to find a towel to wipe the liner that is running down your face after you got splashed/thrown in the water/ran through the surf as if you were in a music video.
But fear not, my little mermaids, Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner will last through any water you happen to throw at it. Tears, salt water, shower, whatever. But unlike most other waterproof liners, this one easy wipes away with a good makeup remover such as Dermablend Long Wear Makeup Remover.
The color range is gorgeous. Not only does the line include all the richly pigmented shades that you would expect from Make Up For Ever, but you can also choose between matte, sheen, and sparkling. Currently there are 16 shades, ranging from the typical (black) to the unusual (red).
What I love the most, however, is the brush. Unlike most liquid liners on the market, the brush is stiff – almost not a brush at all. I have found these types of applicators so much easier to use than the soft long brush often included in liquid formulations. The last stiff, solid brush I found was the liquid liner from the Rimmel Underground line, which has long since faded away.
Shades from top to bottom:
- Diamond White: sparkling, silvery white
- Iridescent Anthradite: gunmetal gray
- Diamond Multicolor Black: black with multicolor sparkles
- Mat Black: matte black
- Mat Mocha: matte dark brown
- Diamond Burgandy: sparkling plum burgundy
- Iridescent Red: brick red sheen
- Iridescent Fuchsia: hot pink sheen
- Iridescent Electric Purple: bright purple sheen
- Diamond Black Purple: deep violet sheen
- Iridescent Navy Blue: dark navy blue sheen
- Diamond Turquoise Blue: sparkling turquoise blue
- Diamond Lagoon Green: sparkling blue green
- Iridescent Emerald Green: emerald green sheen
- Diamond Gold: sparkling yellow gold
Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner, $23 at Sephora.com or Amazon.com.
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.