If you are a DIY type of person, then you should be checking out Craftster.org. They have some fun tutorials and how-tos, and it’s always fun to run into something beauty related. This time I found a tutorial for DIY feather hair extensions and wanted to share.
The list of supplies might take a bit of effort to collect, so plan ahead. Here is what you need:
- rooster feathers – can be found at beauty supply stores, or even cheaper at sporting goods stores.
- crimping beads – again, beauty supply stores will almost always have these. Amazon has them as well.
- crimping tool – these look like pliers and should be available at beauty supply stores. Amazon always has things like this.
- glue – fabric glue would work well, but whatever you choose should be waterproof.
- bobby pin – should be easy enough!
To create the extensions:
- glue feathers together in a bunch using the waterproof glue
- get a small strand of hair through the end of the bobby pin (the round part in the back)
- slide a crimping bead onto the bobby pin and pull hair through the loop
- pull the feathers through the bead which is already in your hair
- move the bead with the feathers as close to your scalp as possible, then use the crimping tool to squeeze the bead closed.
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty: make up, tips, cosmetic tutorials, hairstyles, and everything you need to be beautiful. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.