Every year Bond No. 9 rolls out some amazingly breathtaking gifts especially for the holiday season. If possible, you should certainly stop into one of the Bond boutiques (my favorite is in the West Village on Bleeker Street), and see them for yourself. However, if you aren’t anywhere near the city, these photos will have to do, although they certainly don’t do them justice.
This year’s offerings include:
- The Fantasy-Stone Fountain of Peace: This year’s official, unabashed extravaganza gift is the now-perennial 42-ounce spigoted amphora vitrine, filled with the Scent of Peace, its gracefully curvaceous exterior glistening everywhere with a new Swarovski crystal design: a profusion of stones in varying sizes and shapes, carefully pieced together onto a surface as intricate and tactile as an incandescent moon-glow tapestry. True perfume containers have always had an element of fantasy. But this one is ultimo in every way. $7,500.
- The Incandescent Shooting Super Star: The Scent of Peace is likewise the eau de parfum chosen for the classic Bond No. 9 superstar bottle that’s been decked out all over with those Swarovski fanci-crystals—the moonlit exterior emphasizing the preciousness of the contents. Even the oval cap and the keepsake silver-toned presentation box are studded with stones. $1,000,
- The Swarovski All-Stars Quartet To Go: What woman wouldn’t adore having her daily choice of four Swarovski pavé-studded pocket sprays—one in glistening fuchsia (Chinatown), one in cobalt blue (Nuits de Noho), one in silver-crystal (the Scent of Peace), and one in black (Bond No. 9 Perfume). Standing tall in their own neat golden coffret equipped with a handy gold-tone mini-funnel (yes, these pocket sprays are refillable), they add up to the perfect gift presentation for those who long to casually whip out an impossibly stunning perfume flacon from their handbag, wow everyone around with its jewel-like sheen—and then do it all over again the next day in a different color. $700
- The Coffret Trio: Fitted into a square gold-foil box, the Bond No. 9 signature coffret contains three of our most beloved top-sellers—the aforementioned Bond No. 9 Perfume, as well as Astor Place and Nuits de Noho. Their appeal is unabashedly to women who are romantically or seductively inclined—or both at once. $550
- The Peace Offering: The Scent of Peace once again, this time in a signature gift collection featuring a 100 ml. eau de parfum, body cream, and candle. Lovers of peace will find sublime contentment here. $430
- A Perfumista’s Perfect Ten: Imagine the Bond No. 9 superstar flacon precisely scaled down to 5 ml. How beguiling! Then imagine a wardrobe of ten such flacons—each containing a different best-selling eau de parfum–standing at attention in a beautifully embossed coffret. What an exquisite dream-gift that will turn any fashionista into a devout perfumista—and vice versa. The scents: Andy Warhol Union Square, Bleecker Street, Bond No. 9 Signature , Chelsea Flowers, Chinatown, Eau de New York , Hamptons, Nuits de Noho, The Scent of Peace and Wall Street. $250
- Amethyst Serenity: The Scent of Peace again, this time in a Swarovski amethyst pavé-covered superstar bottle; 50 ml, $500; and in a refillable 7 ml pocket spray, $225. Available separately: amethyst velvet pouches, sized to fit.
- Oudissimo/Oud on the Skin: So in-demand is Bond No. 9 Perfume, our provocative East-West signature blend of oriental oud and beautifully balanced rose, along with edible almond and caramel that our customers absolutely insisted we create an accompanying body cream and candle. Here they are, enveloped in blazing gold, just in time for the holidays. $170
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty: make up, tips, cosmetic tutorials, hairstyles, and everything you need to be beautiful. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.Pin It