One of the best compliments I have ever received was from someone who told me that my eyes were the color of a root beer float. Now, I’m pretty sure it’s just because I adore root beer floats, but I thought it was the best compliment I had ever received, and I’ve received some original ones. While playing around with my makeup last night, I decided that I needed to take that line of thought to my makeup as well, and so I came up with this:
I dug through all my makeup trying to find just the right shade of brown to resemble root beer on my lid. I used three different products from three different brands, because using a palette just seemed too easy. Here is what I came up with:
- I started with Urban Decay’s Primer Potion in Eden. I didn’t think I would like this yellowish primer, but it does something amazing to my eyes, and now I can’t live without it.
- On the lid, I used Flirt! Dreamy Eyes eyeshadow in Cocoa Luster on my lid. It’s a lovely brown with a light shimmer.
- In the crease, I wanted something much darker, since I was going to go light on the browbone. I pulled out a NYX Single Eye Shadow in charcoal brown and did a cut crease thing with a small dome brush, making a V along the outer corner of my eye.
- The browbone color needed to remind me of the foam of the top of a root beer float. I chose a color from my Smashbox holiday palette, a creamy ivory. Unfortunately it doesn’t have a name, but you can find this year’s Smashbox holiday palette at Ulta, and it is worth every. single. penny.
- Then I added a thin line of black liquid eyeliner. I believe this was my NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker.
- After curling my lashes, I used a lash primer by Avon that is no longer available, but was part of the Jillian Dempsey line. Then I added two coats of L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara.
© 2011, Retrodivas Beauty: make up, tips, cosmetic tutorials, hairstyles, and everything you need to be beautiful. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.