Packing for Fashion Week is tricky. You never know what you’re going to need, and space is at a premium. I usually separate my beauty products into three bags: essentials, which are in my suitcase and don’t leave the hotel; portable, things that stay in my purse at all times; and makeup, which usually consists of one really versatile palette with brushes that also stay back at the hotel.
As you can probably tell, I live for sample packs when I travel. Not only do I get to try something new, but there is more room in my bags for the stuff that I’ll be bringing home from NYC. Here is the list of what is in my essentials bag:
- It Factor Quick Blowdry Shampoo and Conditioner: I don’t anticipate having to wash my hair while I’m there, but should the need arise, I have my favorite shampoo and conditioner with me.
- Sample packets of MiN ProEnzyme Trio Facial Cleanser and Scrub. MiN is a NYC apothecary located in SoHo, and these two products took two years to perfect. There are enough here to last me the entire trip.
- Exuviance Sheer Refining Fluid SPF 15: I haven’t tried the Refining Fluid, and I have a couple of packets in here to try. It is supposed to control oiliness while providing anti-aging benefits.
- mdskincare Hydra-Pure Firming Eye Cream: I’m hoping I can make this little pack last a couple of days, as I’ve heard wonderful things about it.
- Miracle Skin Transformer Treat and Conceal: This is half skincare, half makeup. But it’s a great multi-tasker that manages to hydrate, enhance, and perfect skin.
- Mario Badescu Drying Cream: Should a breakout happen, this will stop it in it’s tracks immediately while providing a bit of coverage.
- eos Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm: I can’t live without this oddly shaped lip balm. It smells and even tastes a bit like strawberries and does a good job of keeping my lips soft when I’m sleeping.
- Boscia No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment: I’m serious about keeping shine to a minimum. This is the heavy guns for treating my congested t-zone.
- Tide Travel Sink Packets: these are a necessity when you need to wash something in your room. Just enough in each packet to hand wash in a sink.
- Softsoap Coconut Scrub Soap: My favorite bar soap at the moment.
- Fekkai Glossing Sheer Shine Mist: This little travel bottle is perfect, and as I learned from a very good friend, it’s all about the shine when you have black hair.
- Crest with Scope: I don’t know where I picked up these little packets, but they are perfect for travel.
- Payot Soin Jambes Legeres: this amazing cooling gel is for my tired feet and legs at the end of each day. It gives me life.
- Secret Invisible Solid in Powder Fresh: because no one should ever leave home without such things.
© 2012, Retrodivas Beauty: make up, tips, cosmetic tutorials, hairstyles, and everything you need to be beautiful. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.Pin It