I adore my Anne Taintor makeup bag which says “inner beauty is for amateurs.” Sums up my philosophy nicely. Inside, I’ll be cramming:
- A compact mirror by Band Aid x Cynthia Rowley, grabbed last year at Fashion Week
- Dr. Scholl’s Blister Treatment: because I NEVER, EVER get through a Fashion Week without multiple blisters, no matter what I do.
- Three bobby pins: you can go from a bad hair day to a good hair day with three bobby pins.
- Swiss Guard Antiseptic Handwash Gel from OPI, because one time, back in Fashion Week, I caught H1N1 which lead to pneumonia, in which I almost died. True story.
- Hollywood Fashion Tape, because there is almost always going to be a fashion disaster, and even if it doesn’t happen to me, I can be a hero to someone else. Us girls have to stick together!
- Colgate Wisp Mini-Brushes, because occasionally one does have to eat.
- Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater: this is a wonderful rehydrator, or just a pick-me-up when you’re starting to drag. Smells wonderful and people around you will want to borrow it.
- Travel Brush by Sephora: you never know when it’s going to get all windy and stuff.
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray: this little portable can is amazing. One of the best hairsprays I have ever used.
- Boscia Peppermint Blotting Linens: I live by blotting linens, as my skin is so oily, and these peppermint ones give you a little pick-me-up, which is so important. Are we noticing a theme here? One gets REALLY tired.
- Some Kind-a Gorgeous by Benefit: this is an amazing product. It’s not really foundation, but it’s not powder. It’s kind of magic in a compact, and I swear by it for major touch ups.
- Armour Lip Gloss in Stardust. Simply the best lip gloss I have ever used in my life, and I’m not saying that lightly. Oh, I like others too, but Armour’s lasts and lasts. This gold will add some sparkle to any other color I have on my lips.
- California Kissin’ by Benefit: this blue sparkly gloss will help your teeth look whiter and freshen your breath as well.
- Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds in Twilight, in case my black liner needs freshening up, or I need to add to it for a special event.
- Diorshow Brow Styler in Universal Brown: for taming the brows while on the go. This pencil has an ultra fine point and a capped spoolie brush on the other end, perfect for travel.
- Urban Decay Lipstick in Gash: one of my favorite colors, and it smells so good – like caramel.
- Lancome Color Design Lip Color in Retro Rouge (obviously): this is a light blue-based red with plenty of sparkle in it. Another of my favorite lipsticks.
- Perfume samples: these vary so much. Currently I have Bond No. 9 Saks For Her, Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory, and by Killian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte. Those might change, especially as I pick up new ones while out and about.
© 2012, Retrodivas Beauty: make up, tips, cosmetic tutorials, hairstyles, and everything you need to be beautiful. Some rights reserved. Retrodiva’s Beauty Blog by Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.retrodivasbeauty.com.Pin It