Many times people will come to me wanting to get set up with a Blogger blog, and I politely refuse them. I know that it’s free and mostly reliable, but WordPress has so much more to offer, that I just can’t think of a good reason to stay on Blogger when there are so many benefits to WordPress.
- Your traffic will increase. While many think that they are getting prime Google consideration by being on a Google-owned platform, it just simply isn’t true. I don’t know why Google is like this, I just know that it is. It’s one of the great mysteries of the universe. By moving to WordPress and adding SEO plugins, I TRIPLED my traffic in three months, which increased not only my reach, but my ad-based income. Win/win!
- You wil be able to extend the functionality of your blog. While this may not seem important, you’d be amazed at how quickly you recognize the benefit. WordPress has a complete library of plugins that help you do some cool/amazing things with your blog. From SEO to aggregating all your social media content, if you can dream it, there is a plugin to help you out.
- The design options are limitless. With free and custom themes, you can essentially design your own blog and add any sort of design elements you like. You are not limited by Blogger’s basic theme structure, nor is it terribly difficult to do. From landing pages to sidebars, you can play until your heart is content.
- You can do far more Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on a WordPress blog. Many themes these days are built in with SEO functions, and for those that aren’t, there are plugins to help. These SEO options help your blog move up in ALL search engine ranking, not just Google. Which, of course, helps increase your traffic.
- Hosting providers can be more reliable than Blogger. I’ve seen many instances where Blogger has simply gone down. Or Blogger turned off someone’s blog just because. A self-hosted WordPress blog is reliable, you own your content, and you don’t have to worry about restoring your data or trying to deal with an entity with no phone number, like Blogger.
Ready to make the switch? Retrodiva Media can do it for you – making it a painless and easy move. Contact us for a quote.