Not all runway looks are ones that you’d want to translate into real life. Many are meant to accentuate the amazing designs they are literally next to, and Frederic Fekkai shows us how hair can tie into the story the clothes are telling.
Bondage fashion is everywhere right now, and the Proenza looks all had a thick black collar at the neck of the models. Head stylist Paul Hanlon for Frederic Fekkai created a look imagining that the models had slept in these collars, and it shaped their hair accordingly with the natural dent in the back. Here is how he created the look:
- Prep the hair by braiding the bottom layer, to take away any thickness and create “skinny hair”. Spray the hair with water and separate at the natural part of each girl’s hair.
- Spray Fekkai Perfectly Luscious Curls Wave Activating Spray throughout the hair then diffuse dry the hair, using hands to separate.
- Straighten the ends with an iron to give the ends of the hair a spiky look and rub the surface of the hair between your forefingers and thumb to give the hair a fuzzy look.
- Tie a tight ponytail at the nape of the neck and spray Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray all over the hair. Cut the hair band and leave the hair in position. Spray the area of the hair that is now dented from the hair band with water and press it down.
- Tie the hair down by placing a scarf around your neck. Diffuse dry the hair, then remove the scarf.
- Finish the look by lighting rubbing your hands with Fekkai Coiff Magnifique Ultra-Light Finishing Crème and picking out pieces of the hair to create a natural and messy look.
© 2012, Retrodiva Media. All rights reserved.Pin It